Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

Mom and Pop

Today, March 10, is the 100th anniversary of my father's birth. Both he (1908-1992) and mom (1907-1991) lived 84 years and they died within a year of each other. They were both water signs, Pisces and Scorpio, so there was lots of emotion: they fought like hell, loved like heaven.
I hear other men talk about their childhood, saying like, "I knew if I did such-and-such, I was in for a whuppin from my dad," as if this were the same with every boy's father. And it dawned on me that possibly dad was unusual, lots of hugs, but never once did he strike me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo & story, VK.

They must have been very proud of you and your choices in life. Beautiful & smart grandchildren, and a wise son with integrity of a Buddha.